Knowing the best makeup for your face and skin type is not easy. We often get stuck up with which products to buy and whether they will actually be of any help. But that’s nothing to be disheartened about. Once you start, you gradually learn what is required to accentuate your best features. Here are a few tips and tricks to get you started.
1. When applying eyelash paint on the lower lashes, use a plastic spoon under your eyes. This way the paint will not smear all over your skin. It will also give you a thicker coat.
2. Before applying blush, determine your face shape. It is important because blush not only adds colour but also defines your cheek bones. The way it is applied can either accentuate or soften your features.
3. To conceal eye bags, it is best to apply a darker shade of foundation to the puffy area. It effectively conceals the puffy area under the eyes.
4. If you want a natural looking eye makeup, your placement of highlights should be proper. Apply lighter shades first in the inner corners, in the middle of the eye and just under the brow bone. Then gradually move to darker shades.
5. If you want your vibrant eye shadow to look really vibrant, cover your entire eyelid with a white eyeliner first. Apply the color of your choice on that. It will make that color come alive.
6. The placement of your shadow is just as important as the choice of colour. You can make your eye appear wider, closer set and more prominent with just the placement of your eye shadow. So, determine your eye shape and accentuate accordingly.
7. A tube of eyelash paint usually dries up in 3-4 months. It starts to form lumps and becomes unusable. How can you avoid this? It’s simple. Just add a little bit of eye drops into the tube and rub the wand around inside. It’ll soften the paint making it usable again.
8. Invest in a white pencil if you don’t already have one. Using your water line with a white liner will make your eye appear bigger.
9. If you want that curled lash to last all day, just heat your eyelash curler with a blow dryer for 3-5 seconds before curling your lash.
10. To keep your eyeliner from smudging, put some pressed powder under the eyeliner. This will somewhat create a barrier and prevent your eye liner from smudging.
These tips here should give you a good start. So get your makeup kit out of that cupboard and get those brushes working.