Who says blondes have more fun? Are you thinking of taking the plunge into the world of brunettes? Today more and more women are taking the plunge! If you are one of the brave souls that are planning on going from blonde to brunette, below you’ll find a few hair care tips to keep in mind.
• Nothing lasts forever, so they say. Dyed hair will ultimately fade out and you will lose those deep tones over a period of time. With many of the leading product manufacturers creating fantastic professional color-enhancing conditioners, you will have the ability to prolong the inevitable.
• Using deep-conditioning treatments specially designed for your hair type, will help prevent your color-treated hair from becoming dry and fragile.
• Any cleansing product you use must be designed for color-treated hair.
• Select a darker hue that compliments your natural skin tone and eye color. When in doubt about the best color for yourself, visit a professional hair colorist to safely make your brunette transformation.
• To be certain of the perfect hue for your skin, consider experimenting with darker and lighter tones that will enhance depth and richness.
• Placing subtle highlights around your hairline will give you (2) things:
1. It will keep the natural look we all desire.
2. As well as help brighten up your face.
• Remember changing your hair color means changing your wardrobe as well, or least adding to it. Darker hair usually works best with darker and richer fabrics.
Now some of us are more brave then others. There are those who wouldn’t dare try and tackle such a transformation at home on their own, while the other brave souls will try anything, at least once. Whether you visit a professional hair colorist or decide to walk the walk on your own, take your time with your decision and consider all the long-term ramifications of going darker.
Once you do get that beautiful brunette color in your hair, be sure and take very good care of your newly luscious colored locks. The last thing you want is to have all your hard work go to waste. Just like anything else in life, what’s worth doing, is worth doing well. Not to get to deep here, but taking such a big leap from blonde to brunette hair is a big deal. After all is said and done, you’ll be glad you did. Now go ut there and rock your new hairstyle!